Juliet Ablative Resurfacing Laser
Fine lines, texture, deep wrinkles, skin elasticity, pore size, pigmentation, acne scarring, stretch marks, lesion removal (skin tags, warts, benign pigmented lesions and moles), seborrheic keratosis
This treatment utilizes an erbium YAG to gently but effectively ablate surface layers of skin resulting in a few days erythema and edema followed by 2-3 days of sloughing layers of skin which will result in revealing younger, smoother and healthier layers on the surface. The resurfacing treatment can be customized to be either a gentle, mild peel for people looking to have a brighter glow to their skin and smoother surface appearance, or an aggressive, deeper penetrating resurfacing to target textured acne scarring, deep wrinkles and skin laxity issues.
Why We love this Treatment:
We love this treatment because it’s a step up from the traditional chemical peel or microneedling treatment to give more aggressive, faster results because it combines ablation with thermal energy to really stimulate collagen and elastin remodeling.
HOW IT WORKS:
This specific laser wavelength is absorbed where water is most concentrated. This is how the ablation can penetrate the dead, dry layers of the epidermis and slough them away. Your skin then gets to work doing its own, natural repair process with the help of at-home post-care products we send with you. Over a period of 5-10 days, your surface layers are replaced with healthy, new layers of skin revealing a smoother and more even skin tone.
Anywhere with skin (face, neck, chest, stomach, arms, legs, saggy knees). For scars, stretch marks and unwanted benign lesions… pretty much anywhere you want new or healthier skin
Pre treatment tips
• Stop any Retinoids or exfoliants 2-3 days prior to procedure
• Shave any hair in area to be treated the morning of
• Avoid excessive sun exposure or heat the day of treatment
• Do not schedule any massages or treatments in which you will be “face down” on a table for 3-4 days post procedure.
• We cannot treat over any active infections or signs of a rash or inflammation….Please notify our office as soon as possible to reschedule
• Avoid spray tans or self-tanning products for 1 week prior
Post treatment tips
• You will be red and slightly puffy for the first 24-48 hours • You will experience minor itching on day 3-5 • You will have skin layers sloughing or peeling on days 4-7 • Minor breakouts can occur during the healing process…please do not pick or squeeze any breakouts, and notify our office if breakouts continue.
• Do not wash your face or area of treatment that evening.
• Apply a layer of post care cream/gel provided by Skin & Tonics within 4 hours of your procedure and repeat 3-4 times per day until majority of healing is finished.
• Over-the-counter pain medication can be taken to reduce discomfort and swelling.
• Sleep elevated for the first 2-3 nights to reduce chances of increased swelling.
• Avoid heat in the area of treatment, including hot tubs, baths, steam rooms, saunas and light panels for the following 48 hours.
• Avoid makeup or concealers for 3-4 days.
• Avoid toners, exfoliants or retinoids for a week post procedure.
• Avoid SUN EXPOSURE for a minimum of 2 weeks post procedure.
• Do not peel, scrub or pick at any skin as it is sloughing. This is important to prevent scarring, irritation, or rashes after this procedure.
• Vinegar soaks are recommended to speed healing and lessen side effects such as itching and inflammation.
**Vinegar Soak Instructions: 1 tsp of white vinegar to 2 cups of cold water**
We suggest you make up a solution of this ratio in a large pitcher and store in the refrigerator. Pour out a bit into a small bowl and use a soft cloth to soak and press into your skin, few minutes per section and repeat. This will reduce irritation, inflammation and itchiness. Vinegar soaks are suggested 2-3 times a day for the first 3-4 days and can be repeated if you desire.
Notify us immediately if you have any excessive swelling or weeping of fluids, or extreme discomfort.
Office: 360-726-6460 | After hours contact: 360-430-9133
frequently asked questions
Q: "Is this painful?:
A: We use a topical anesthetic to numb the area of treatment for 20-30 minutes prior. Discomfort is very well tolerated. The worst part seems to be the burning sensation the following evening which subsides after the first 4-8 hours.
Q: "How many treatments will I need to see results?"
A: Number of treatments is dependent upon severity of damaged skin. We recommend an average of 2-3 treatment for best results, however you will see dramatic changes after each appointment.
Frequency of Treatment:
Recommended 4-8 weeks between treatment, a series of 2-3 consecutive treatments to get optimal
Approximately a 90-minute appointment
7-10 days for fulling healing. Redness and mild swelling for the first 2-3 days. Peeling and flaking for another 3-4 days. Makeup can be worn after the 4th day post-treatment
Starting at $600 for one area, ranging up to $1200. Discounts available for pre-paid packages
Our plan is to always recommend a consultation to discuss concerns and ensure you are the correct candidate for this procedure. We will then set up your appointments for the appropriate procedure(s) and time frames to accommodate your social calendar. On the day of treatment, you will be given thorough instruction for post treatment care to make you as comfortable as possible.